Powdered Sugar Pound Cake
I keep one of these in the freezer all the time - I serve it with
- 1 1/2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced, optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Sift powdered sugar; gradually add to butter, beating until mixture is light
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- Heavily butter a 10-inch (12 cup) plain or decorative tube pan; add sliced almonds
(if used), then tilt pan to coat inside surface with nuts. Or butter pan and dust
with flour. Scrape batter into pan and smooth top surface.
- Bake in a 300 degrees F oven until a slender wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; run a knife around edges of tube to loosen
center of cake, then turn out onto rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cool, cut into thin slices.
- If made ahead, store airtight for up to 2 days.
Yield: 10 servings
Posted by JudyAZ at Recipe Goldmine May 2, 2001.
Source: The Best of Sunset
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes