Pumpkin Rum Pound Cake
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon ground orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup raisins
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, pie spice and orange peel;
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sugar until blended.
- Beat in pumpkin and butter.
- Combine milk and rum; add alternately with flour mixture to pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into well greased Bundt pan or 2-quart cake mold.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar or frost as desired.