Raspberry Delight Pound Cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Beat oil and sugar at medium speed with a mixer 2 minutes.
- Combine buttermilk and next 4 ingredients, stirring until blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to oil mixture alternately with buttermilk
mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended
after each addition.
- Divide into thirds.
- Spread one portion into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir raspberry jam and if desired 2 drops red liquid food coloring into second
portion; spread gently over first layer.
- Spoon remaining batter over top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a wooden stick inserted in center
of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely
on wire rack.