Rich Chocolate Pound Cake
Classic pound cake gets a chocolate boost in this rich dessert that's finished
with a decorative drizzle of melted chocolate.
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Microwave 1 1/2 cups morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH
(100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape.
If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just
until morsels are melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Spoon into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Microwave remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for
45 seconds; knead bag. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading
until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 55 min | Servings: 12
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com