Ricotta Orange Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more to grease baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- Powdered sugar for dusting
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to blend.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, ricotta and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minute.
- With machine running, add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add vanilla extract, orange zest and amaretto until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden pick comes out clean and
cake pulls away from sides of pan, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- To wrap, return to pan and dust with powdered sugar.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes