Rose Water Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons finely-ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease on 9-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter well. In a separate bowl beat sugar and eggs together until doubled
- Add sifted flour and salt gradually.
- Fold in creamed butter thoroughly.
- Divide batter into two equal parts. Into one part add the almond extract and ground
- To the other part add the rosewater and red food coloring.
- Spoon batters alternately into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cake cool, then remove from pan and dust with confectioners' sugar.