Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/2 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Cream the cheese, butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add a pinch of salt and the butter flavoring, and beat the mixture well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the flour.
- Gradually add the sliced strawberries, gently folding them in after each addition.
- Spoon the batter into a buttered and floured cake pan (loaf pans or mini-loaf sizes for gift-giving), and bake the cake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven for 1 1/2 hours, until the cake begins to shrink from the sides of the pan.
- Place the pans on cooling racks until cooled; turn cakes gently onto wire racks.