Tangerine Pound Cake
- Peel of 1 1/2 tangerines, minced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Grease and lightly flour a 7 x 1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside. Heat oven to 350
- Combine tangerine peel and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter in a medium mixing bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar mixture; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add flour and buttermilk
alternately into sugar mixture and beat until well combined, beginning and ending
with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature.