Tennessee Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (8.25 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cream
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour tube pan.
- Cream together oil, eggs and sugar.
- Add remaining cake ingredients. Blend well.
- Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Add glaze when cake is well cooled.
- Glaze: Mix and cook glaze ingredients over low heat until thick.
- Pour over cooled cake.