Toffee Pound Cake
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package almond brickle baking chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour* a 12 cup Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all cake ingredients except brickle chips at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in brickle chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter until light golden brown; remove from heat.
- Blend in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add water until glaze is smooth and of drizzling consistency.
- Immediately spoon glaze over top of cooled cake, allowing glaze to run down sides of cake.