Toffee Pound Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package almond brickle baking chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan or 10-inch tube
- In a large bowl, combine all cake ingredients except brickle chips at low speed
until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in brickle chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Cool upright in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- Glaze: In medium saucepan, heat margarine until light golden brown; remove
- Blend in powdered sugar and 1vanilla extract.
- Add water until glaze is smooth and of drizzling consistency.
- Immediately spoon glaze over top of cooled cake, allowing glaze to run down sides of cake.
Yield: 16 servings