Vanilla Butternut Pound Cake
- 3 cups granulated sugar, room temperature
- 3 sticks butter (no substitutions), room temperature
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 small can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk + water to equal 1 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butternut flavoring (NO SUBSTITUTION)
- Cream butter, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour alternating with milk, ending with flour.
- Fold in flavoring.
- Bake in a greased tube pan for 1 hour, 45 minutes at 325 degrees F. Start in COLD oven. Do not open door while baking.
- Remove from pan and cool.