Blackberry Pudding Cake
- 1 (16.5 ounce) can blackberries with syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Fruit Mixture: Pour can of blackberries with syrup in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch
- Mix brown sugar and flour together and sprinkle on top of fruit, then
pour butter or margarine on top of mixture.
- Prepare cake batter.
- Cake: Mix margarine and sugar well.
- Stir in sour cream and baking soda.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Sift together flour and baking powder; mix with other ingredients until well
- Put on top of fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.