Chocolate Almond Pudding Cake
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons
cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Combine milk and butter and blend into dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into a 10-inch pie pan coated with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons cocoa
powder. Sprinkle over batter.
- Combine water and almond extract; pour over batter.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick, inserted through the cake layer,
comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
Yield: 8 small servings
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 260 calories, 3 g protein,
56 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g fat (1 g saturated), 4 mg cholesterol, 32 mcg
folate, 2 mg iron, 334 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding Cake Recipes