Chocolate Espresso Pudding Cake
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Combine milk, oil and vanilla extract; add to dry ingredients and stir.
- Spoon into an 8-inch square pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa and espresso powder. sprinkle over batter.
- Pour water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when
- Serve warm.