Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Cake: Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Add, stirring in with spoon, milk, vanilla extract, melted margarine and chopped pecans.
- Pour into well greased 8-inch square pan.
- Pudding: Combine granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cocoa and boiling water.
Pour gently over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When completely cooled, turn upside down on serving dish. You may have to ease it out with a knife.
- Garnish with whipped topping and cherries.