Cinnamon Pudding Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9-inch square
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Make a well in the center and pour in the milk. Mix well and pour into prepared
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, water and butter. Bring to a boil and pour
over batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle top with nuts and chopped apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted
into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm.