Date Nut Pudding Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package pitted dates, coarsely snipped with scissors
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup orange juice, warmed
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Set the oven at 350 degrees F. Have on hand a deep 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the dates, butter and orange juice.
- Mix in the Grand
Marnier, vanilla, and walnuts. Add the date mixture to the flour and stir just until
- Spread the batter in the bottom of the dish, smoothing the top with a rubber
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar and water until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture over the date batter.
- Transfer the dish to the hot oven and bake the pudding for 45 minutes or until
the top is set.
- Spoon the pudding into each of 4 shallow bowls and serve warm with
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/21/01 2:17:20 pm.