Gingerbread Orange Pudding Cake
Looking for a delicious dessert? Then check out this orange flavored pudding
cake served with whipped cream.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) box gingerbread cake and cookie mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice
cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, stir together gingerbread
mix, 1 cup water and the egg with fork until blended. Stir vigorously about
2 minutes, scraping corners frequently, until well mixed.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over batter.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup water, the orange juice and butter over
high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and butter is melted.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Slowly pour over batter and brown sugar (some batter will rise to top).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Carefully remove from oven because cake floats on top of pudding layer (top
of baked cake will have cracks).
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
prep time 15 min
total time 1 hr 25 min
Reprinted with permission from