Key Lime Pudding Cake
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs (at room temperature), separated
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Key lime rind
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 1-quart baking pan or 6 custard cups.
- Combine sugar, flour and melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add the unbeaten egg yolks, lime juice, lime rind and milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into pan or custard cups.
- Place in pan of hot water; bake for 1 hour (35 minutes
for custard cups), until pudding leaves sides of pan.