Lemon Buttermilk Pudding Cake
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 3/4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large egg whites
- Mint leaves, sprigs for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients except egg whites and half of the sugar in a blender.
- Beat the egg whites and sugar and fold them into the cake mixture with a whisk
or spatula, and pour into a buttered 8-inch square baking pan.
- Set the cake pan in a larger pan and pour hot water into this pan to come half
way up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Serve with whipped heavy cream and garnish with a sprig of mint.