Lemon Pudding Cake
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup
fresh lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Set oven rack in the lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. In another bowl, beat yolks lightly.
- Stir in milk, zest and lemon juice, mixing just until blended.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into batter, which will be light and somewhat
- Pour batter into a 1-quart baking dish of any shape but with 1 1/2-inch sides.
Set dish in a larger pan and fill with 1 inch of very hot tap water.
- Bake for 50 to
55 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with Chantilly Cream.
- Chantilly Cream: In a cold bowl with cold beaters, whip cream, sugar and vanilla
extract at high speed to moderately stiff peaks.
- Store covered with plastic wrap
in the refrigerator until ready for use, up to 24 hours.
Yield: 6 servings; 2 cups Chantilly Cream