Mocha Fudge Puddin' Cake
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Grease bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine coffee, granulated sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Whisk
until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, melted butter, cream and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, remaining 3 tablespoons cocoa, and baking powder; mix until
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with coffee mixture.
- Place a round wire or bamboo rack in a wok.
- Put filled baking pan on rack.
- Pour boiling water into wok to reach halfway up sides of baking pan.
- Cover and cook over
low heat until wooden pick inserted in top half of cake comes out clean, 20 to 25
- Remove baking dish from rack.
- Serve warm, spooning fudge sauce over cake.
Serves 6 to 8.