Orange Pudding Cake
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- With beater on high speed, gradually
beat in 1/4 cup sugar until stiff, moist peaks form; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thick.
- Stir in milk, grated orange peel, and orange juice.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, flour,and vanilla extract; beat
just until smooth.
- Add yolk mixture to beaten whites; fold gently just until blended.
- Pour into a 9-inch quiche dish or a 10-inch pie dish.
- Set dish in slightly larger
baking pan in a 350 degree F oven.
- Pour about 1-inch of boiling water into outer pan.
- Bake until center of pudding appears set when gently shaken, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Garnish with whipped cream and/or shaved chocolate.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 25, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding Cake Recipes