Persimmon Almond Pudding Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sieved persimmon pulp
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ground, unblanched almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, place butter and sugar. Beat together until
very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat smooth.
- In a small bowl, stir flour with baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients
alternately with persimmon pulp (made by putting about 1 pint of ripe persimmons
through ricer or mashing and sieving) and buttermilk to the creamed mixture, mixing
- Stir in ground almonds. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes
- Cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out.
- If desired, dust each slice with confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 12 servings.