Praline Pudding Cake
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups fat free whipped topping
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar and the 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl.
- Lightly spoon
the 1 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine with granulated
sugar, the 1/3 cup pecans, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; make a well
in center of mixture.
- Combine milk, butter and vanilla extract in a bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir
just until moist.
- Spread batter into an 8-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour boiling water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until pudding
is bubbly and cake springs back lightly in center.
- Serve warm with whipped topping.
- Garnish with pecans, if desired.
Yields 8 servings.
Per Serving: 319 Calories; 7 g Fat (18.6% calories from fat); 3 g Protein;
62 g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8 mg Cholesterol; 307 mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 3 Other