Red Velvet Pudding Cake
- 1 (12 ounces) package whole frozen raspberries (not in syrup)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix plus the specified amount of cooking oil and eggs to make cake
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick
- Spread raspberries evenly over bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake according to package directions and pour batter over raspberries.
- Heat 2 cups water until boiling and in mixing bowl, mix water, raspberry gelatin
and cornstarch together.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cake batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and sprinkle over cake.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve with whipped topping, if desired.