Rum and Coconut Pudding Cake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/8 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 2 large eggs, separated
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, sugar and sea salt in a mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- Combine the coconut milk, orange juice, milk, rum and bitters in a 2-cup measuring
- Add the egg yolks and whisk or stir to blend.
- Stir into the dry ingredients
and mix until no lumps remain.
- Beat the egg whites in a second bowl just until stiff peaks form.
- Gently but thoroughly fold into the batter.
- Scrape into a soufflé dish or 1-quart casserole.
- Set the dish into a large baking dish and pour hot water in to a depth of about
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings
Each of 6 servings: 180 calories; 3 grams protein; 23 grams carbohydrates;
0 fiber; 6 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 72 mg. cholesterol; 77 mg. sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding Cake Recipes