Warm Caramel Apple Pudding Cake
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 (2-layer size) box yellow cake mix, divided
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss apples with 1 tablespoon cake mix.
- Prepare cake batter with remaining cake
mix as directed on package; pour into 13 x 9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking
- Top with apples.
- Beat dry pudding mixes, milk, 3/4 cup caramel topping and water with whisk 2
minutes; drizzle over apples.
- Place baking dish on baking sheet.
- Bake cake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes (sauce will thicken slightly as it cools).
- Whisk remaining caramel topping and COOL WHIP until well blended.
- Spoon over cake slices just before serving; top with nuts.
Prep time 20 min (plus baking) | Yield: 16 servings
Save 40 calories per serving by preparing with 2 (1 ounce) package JELL-O Vanilla
Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Substitute fresh pears for the apples.
Food Facts: The sliced apples are tossed with some of the dry cake mix before
placing them on top of the cake batter in the pan to prevent them from sinking to
the bottom of the pan as the cake bakes.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):