Applesauce Cake Roll
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plain applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar as needed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cake: Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking
soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- Beat eggs until thick and foamy.
- Add sugar, beating well.
- Fold in applesauce and nuts; then dry ingredients.
- Bake in a greased jellyroll pan lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Put confectioners' sugar on a tea towel and dump cake. Peel off wax paper
and roll up in towel. Let sit until cold.
- Unroll and spread with filling. Remove towel and roll.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar before slicing.
- Filling: Beat all ingredients. Spread evenly over cake. Re-roll.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.