Chocolate Almond Cake Roll
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup diced, roasted almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sweetened, whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10 x 15 x 1-inch jellyroll pan with foil.
- Melt butter in jellyroll pan; spread evenly.
- Combine almonds, coconut and 1/2 cup chocolate pieces; sprinkle over butter.
Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate pieces over warm, not hot, water. Remove from
heat. In large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until thick and light, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; blend well. Stir coffee, vanilla extract and
baking soda into melted chocolate; mix well. Fold into flour mixture. Spread evenly
into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over cake and cover with cloth towel. Turn out
and roll up jellyroll fashion starting from short side. Chill until filling is set, at least 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 1 (10-inch) roll
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.