Coconut Lemon Cake Roll
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring
Creamy Lemon Filling
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 (4 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- Cake: Beat egg yolks until light and lemon colored; gradually add 1/4 cup sugar,
beating constantly. Stir in lemon extract and vegetable oil; set aside. Beat egg
whites until foamy; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
Fold yolk mixture into whites.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture. Grease a 15 x 10
x 1-inch jellyroll pan and line with wax paper; grease and flour wax paper. Spread
batter evenly in pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sift confectioners' sugar in a 15 x 10-inch rectangle on a linen towel.
- When cake is done, immediately loosen sides of pan and turn out on sugar. Peel
off wax paper. Starting at narrow end, roll up cake and towel together; cool on
a wire rack, seam side up.
- Unroll cake and spread with half of Creamy Lemon Filling and re-roll. Place on
serving plate, seam side down; spread remaining filling on all sides.
- Combine coconut, water and food coloring in a plastic bag; close securely and
shake well. Sprinkle colored coconut over cake roll. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before
serving. Yields 8 to 10 servings.
- Creamy Lemon Filling: Combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon rind
and food coloring; mix well. Fold in Cool Whip.
Yield: 3 cups filling
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.