Date Nut Cake Roll
- 1 cup pitted whole dates, snipped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- In small saucepan combine dates, water, the 1/4 cup sugar and the 1/8 teaspoon
salt. Bring to boiling. Cook and stir over low heat until thick, about 4 minutes.
Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- In mixing bowl beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the 1/2
cup sugar. Fold in cooled date mixture.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and allspice. Fold into
egg mixture. Spread in prepared jellyroll pan. Top with nuts.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto towel sprinkled with a little confectioners' sugar. Starting
at narrow end, roll up cake and towel together. Cool. Unroll and spread with cream
cheese filling. Re-roll and chill.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Beat together all ingredients.
CAKE ROLL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.