Heavenly Strawberry Roll
Heavenly Strawberry Roll is an angel food cake roll filled with pudding and strawberries.
For best result, use a serrated knife to slice the dessert. This will help prevent the cake roll from tearing or being crushed as it is sliced.
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour into prepared pan. Spread batter to cover bottom of pan (pan will be full).
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Sift sugar over clean kitchen towel. Invert cake immediately onto towel; remove pan. Carefully peel off parchment. Starting at one long side, roll up cake and towel together. Cool completely. Reserve 1 cup berries; coarsely chop remaining berries.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP and chopped berries. Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread berry mixture over cake, leaving 1-inch border around all sides. Reroll cake; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Unwrap just before serving; place, seam-side down, on platter. Frost with remaining COOL WHIP. Top with reserved berries.
Prep: 20 min | Total: 2 hr 42 min | 16 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company