Peaches and Cream Roll
The secret to easy-to-roll sponge cake is using pancake mix in the batter.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packaged complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon light or dark rum
- 4 large peaches peeled, pitted and chopped (4 cups) or 1 (16 ounce)
package frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed, drained, and chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Grease and flour a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, salt and vanilla extract with an electric mixer
on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick.
- Gradually add the 3/4 cup granulated
sugar; beat on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add pancake
mix; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 400 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and cake springs
back when lightly touched near center.
- Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan
and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Roll up
towel and cake, jelly-roll style, starting from one of the short sides. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, add rum to peaches; set aside.
- Beat together whipping cream and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cake with half of the whipped cream; top with
- Spread with remaining cream. Roll up cake. Place, seam side down,
on a serving platter. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cover and chill until serving time, for up to 2 hours.
Yield: 10 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.