Peanut Butter and Raspberry Jellyrolls
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup salted dry-roasted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar plus extra
- 1 cup seedless
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. With spray, coat two (15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch) jellyroll
pans. Line with wax paper. Coat paper with spray; dust each with 1 tablespoon flour.
- In food processor, process 1/2 cup flour, the peanuts, baking powder and salt
until peanuts are finely ground.
- In medium bowl, beat whites until foamy. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup granulated
sugar. At high speed, beat whites until stiff, yet billowy peaks form.
- In large bowl, beat yolks, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the peanut butter and vanilla
extract for 2 minutes.
- At low, beat in half the flour mixture. Stir in large spoonful whites to loosen
batter; fold in remaining flour mixture, then remaining whites.
- Spread 2 cups batter into each prepared pan. Bake 5 minutes, until center of
cake springs back when lightly pressed. Sieve 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar over
2 kitchen towels. Invert 1 cake on each towel. Remove pan; peel off paper. Let cool
2 minutes. From long side, roll up each cake in towel; cool, seam side down, on
- Unroll cakes. Spread 1/2 cup jam over each, with 1/2-inch border; roll up. Cut
each crosswise into 14 jelly rolls. Dust with extra confectioners' sugar.
Per serving: Makes 28 mini jelly rolls. Per mini roll: 170 calories, 3 g
protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 1 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium