Peppermint Cake Roll
- 1 box white angel food cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 (2.8 ounce) package whipped topping mix (1 envelope)
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint hard candies
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 or 2 drops red food color
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, except spread half the batter in a 15
x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Spread remaining batter in a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake until top springs back when touched, 20 to 25 minutes for the jellyroll pan.
- Loosen edges from pan. Invert on towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
While hot, roll cake and towel from narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- Invert loaf pan to cool. Remove from pan; freeze for future use.
- Prepare topping mix as directed on package.
- Fold in candies, chocolate chips and food color. Reserve 1/3 cup of the topping.
- Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread
remaining topping over cake. Roll up; top with reserved topping.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.