Pumpkin Cheese Roll
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed pumpkin, canned or fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter or margarine (room temperature)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cake: Make pumpkin roll by first greasing a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jellyroll
pan. Line with parchment or wax paper. Grease the paper. If using wax paper, flour
paper, shaking out the excess. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick, light and creamy,
about 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
and salt. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top evenly.
Sprinkle nuts over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly
pressed with finger tip and cake begins to pull away from sides of the pan.
- While cake is baking, place a clean dish towel on counter. Sprinkle confectioners'
sugar through a strainer onto towel. Remove cake from oven and immediately turn
it upside down onto towel. Remove cake pan and paper. Beginning at narrow end of
cake, roll towel and cake together; set aside seam side down to cool.
- Cheese Filling: In a mixing bowl blend cream cheese and butter until light
and fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar and vanilla extract.
- When cake is cool, unroll and remove towel. Spread cheese filling over the top.
Roll again. The nuts will be on the outside of the cake.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
May be refrigerated, covered, overnight.
May be frozen wrapped in foil for 1 month. Defrost in refrigerator overnight.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Roll Recipes