Raspberry Almond Jellyroll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/4 cups blanched slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in water, 1 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- Line a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with greased wax paper.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cake springs back when
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Turn onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off
wax paper. Roll up cake in the towel, jellyroll style, starting with a short side.
cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and remaining extracts until
soft peaks form.
- Place half of the whipped cream in another bowl and refrigerate.
- Chop 1 cup almonds; fold into remaining cream. Unroll cake; spread with jam to
within 1/2 inch of edges. Spread with almond mixture. Re-roll.
- Lace, seam side down, on a serving plate.
- Frost with chilled whipped cream.
- Garnish with remaining almonds and raspberries and mint, if desired.
Source: Country Woman magazine - January/February 2001
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Roll Recipes