Spiced Pumpkin Praline Roll
All the flavors of fall are rolled into this delectable dessert. Make this spicy
pumpkin cake roll, and use the remaining cake mix to make a quick batch of cupcakes!
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- About 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces (from 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (350 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with foil or waxed paper; grease or spray foil or
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 2 minutes or
until very thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in pumpkin until well mixed.
- Gradually beat in dry cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves on low speed; continue
beating 1 minute.
- Pour into pan, spreading to corners.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan and turn upside down onto towel generously
sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove foil.
- While hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end.
- Cool on cooling rack for at least 60 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar with electric mixer on high
speed until smooth.
- Gradually add whipping cream; beat until stiff.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the pecans.
- Unroll cake and remove towel.
- Spread two-thirds of the cream cheese mixture over cake; roll up.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over outside of cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons pecans.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Prep Time 25 min | Total Time 1 hr 7 min | Servings 10
You can use the remaining cake mix (about 2 3/4 cups) to make about 16 cupcakes.
Add 2 eggs, 3/4 cup water and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil to the cake mix. Bake
as directed on box.
To toast pecans, bake uncovered in an ungreased shallow pan in a 350 degrees
F oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and fragrant.
Nutrition Information Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 300 Calories from
Fat 150 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 110mg Sodium 220mg
Total Carbohydrate 34g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 23g Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 10% Iron 6%
Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker