This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Spiced Pumpkin Praline Roll
All the flavors of fall are rolled into this delectable dessert. Make this spicy
pumpkin cake roll, and use the remaining cake mix to make a quick batch of cupcakes!
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- About 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces (from 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (350 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with foil or waxed paper; grease or spray foil or
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 2 minutes or
until very thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in pumpkin until well mixed.
- Gradually beat in dry cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves on low speed; continue
beating 1 minute.
- Pour into pan, spreading to corners.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan and turn upside down onto towel generously
sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove foil.
- While hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end.
- Cool on cooling rack for at least 60 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar with electric mixer on high
speed until smooth.
- Gradually add whipping cream; beat until stiff.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the pecans.
- Unroll cake and remove towel.
- Spread two-thirds of the cream cheese mixture over cake; roll up.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over outside of cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons pecans.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Prep Time 25 min | Total Time 1 hr 7 min | Servings 10
You can use the remaining cake mix (about 2 3/4 cups) to make about 16 cupcakes.
Add 2 eggs, 3/4 cup water and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil to the cake mix. Bake
as directed on box.
To toast pecans, bake uncovered in an ungreased shallow pan in a 350 degrees
F oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and fragrant.
Nutrition Information Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 300 Calories from
Fat 150 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 110mg Sodium 220mg
Total Carbohydrate 34g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 23g Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 10% Iron 6%
Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):