Strawberry and Lemon Cream Roulade
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- 6 cups (about 2 pounds) whole strawberries, divided use
- Granulated sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll baking pan with wax paper or aluminum foil. (Do
- Prepare cake mix as package directs. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown and top springs back when touched
lightly. While still warm, loosen cake from edges of pan, turn upside down onto
large baking sheet. Remove wax paper, turn cake again onto kitchen towel sprinkled
with powdered sugar. Roll up cake with towel, beginning at short end, cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in mixing bowl, beat all ingredients for Lemon Cream until smooth and creamy.
- On clean surface, unroll cake. Trim any hard edges from cake. Spread evenly with
filling to within 1/2 inch of edges and set aside.
- Rinse and stem strawberries and cut up 1 cup of them into slice; arrange the
sliced berries in even layer over filling. Roll up and transfer, seam side down onto serving platter.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to firm the filling.
- In blender process 2 cups of the strawberries until smooth; sweeten with sugar,
as desired. Set aside.
- Cut remaining 3 cups strawberries into quarters; sweeten with sugar, as desired.
- To serve, sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar. Cut into 12 slices.
- Serve each on individual dessert plate with 1/4 cup quartered strawberries and about 1
tablespoon strawberry sauce.
Yield: 12 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.