Apple Cream Crumb Cake
- 1 (10.75 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cake: Cut pound cake into 16 slices using serrated knife. Cover bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cake slices.
- In 2-quart bowl combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Whisk in sour cream, egg and vanilla extract until well blended; spread evenly over cake slices.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Cut slices crosswise in half; layer apples evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Crumb Topping: In 1-quart bowl, mix crumb topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crumb topping is golden.
- Serve warm.