Apple Dumpling Cake 2
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled apples
- Whipping cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine first 3 ingredients. Blend with mixer at low speed
until crumbly (can use food processor).
- Stir in nuts.
- Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- To remaining mixture add cinnamon, baking soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla
extract and egg. Blend well.
- Stir in apples. Spoon evenly over crumb layer.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream.
Serves 12 to 15.
Can be served warm or cold.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes