Apple Dumpling Cake 2
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled apples
- Whipping cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine first 3 ingredients. Blend with mixer at low speed
until crumbly (can use food processor).
- Stir in nuts.
- Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- To remaining mixture add cinnamon, baking soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla
extract and egg. Blend well.
- Stir in apples. Spoon evenly over crumb layer.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream.
Serves 12 to 15.
Can be served warm or cold.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.