Baba's Apple Cake
- 5 cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 10-inch cake tin.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Mix the apples and cinnamon and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the
dry ingredients and into it pour the oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla extract. Beat with a spoon till smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the buttered cake tin.
- Add all the apples and cover with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until done.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8:30:21 am 8/17/03.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.