- 4 ounces (125 g) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons hot milk
- 2 cups plain baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Stir baking soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Stir into mixture.
- Turn onto a greased and lined 20 cm (8-inch) round cake tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) for about 50 minutes or until cake
springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- When cold, ice with chocolate or lemon icing (I prefer lemon), or dust with icing sugar.
The mixture can be baked in two 20 cm (8-inch) round sandwich tins at 180
degrees C (350 degrees F) for 25 minutes.
The two cakes can be filled with whipped cream and sliced banana
This comes out really moist and gets better over the next couple of days. Try
it and see, Martin.
From the kitchen of Martin James - Copenhagen, Denmark.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.