Banana Cake 3
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons sour milk*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
* To make milk sour, add 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg yolks.
- Combine sour milk and baking soda and set aside.
- Add flour to sugar-shortening mixture.
- Add milk mixture. Stir.
- Add vanilla extract and bananas.
- Beat egg whites and fold into mixture.
- Bake in well-greased 9-inch square baking dish for about 45 minutes at 350
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes