Banana Cake 3
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons sour milk*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
* To make milk sour, add 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg yolks.
- Combine sour milk and baking soda and set aside.
- Add flour to sugar-shortening mixture.
- Add milk mixture. Stir.
- Add vanilla extract and bananas.
- Beat egg whites and fold into mixture.
- Bake in well-greased 9-inch square baking dish for about 45 minutes at 350
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.