Banana Cream Cake
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed
banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Icing
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs well at medium speed.
add brown sugar and continue to beat until mixture is thick and light.
in vanilla extract and bananas.
- In a small bowl, whip the cream.
- Beat half of the flour mixture into the eggs. Continue beating at low speed
- Add whipped cream and then remaining flour mixture.
- Fold in pecans.
- Divide batter between 2 greased 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 10 minutes in pans.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Combine cream cheese and butter in mixer bowl. Beat
on medium speed until creamy.
- Add icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Stir in
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/18/2001 8:28 am.