Banana Cream Sheet Cake
- No-stick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 3 large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine shortening and sugar in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl; whisk or stir to blend.
- Blend about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed mixture on medium low speed.
- Blend in about half of the buttermilk.
- Repeat with flour mixture and buttermilk, ending with remaining flour mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting over top of cake.