Banana Cream Sheet Cake
- No-stick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 3 large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick
- Combine shortening and sugar in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl; whisk or stir to blend.
- Blend about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed mixture on medium low speed.
- Blend in about half of the buttermilk.
- Repeat with flour mixture and buttermilk, ending with remaining flour mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of
pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Spread Cream
Cheese Frosting over top of cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.