Banana Date Dream Cake
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed, ripe banana
- 3/4 cup milk, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package dates, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and banana.
- Stir in 1/4 cup milk and half of flour mixture.
- Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup milk and flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup of the dates.
- Pour mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in cream and confectioners'
sugar until blended.
- Spread evenly over cake; sprinkle with remaining dates.
- Cut into 12 squares.