Best Carrot Cake
Best Carrot Cake is circa 1940s.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into egg mixture; mix well.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Place batter in greased 9 x 13-inch pan for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Frosting: Beat together confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, vanilla
extract, butter and milk; spread on cooled carrot cake.
Yield: 15 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.