Best and Moistest Chocolate Cake
This is the only recipe I ever use, and it is so moist and chocolatey that I
sometimes prefer to eat it the second day!
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- Melt chocolate and 1/2 cup water together (can be done in microwave if you
are careful not to burn it) and set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to butter mixture and beat well.
- Blend in cooled chocolate.
- Mix together flour and baking soda, and add alternately with 1 cup water
on low speed.
- Pour batter into two 9-inch greased layer pans or two 8-inch
square aluminum foil pans, or one 9 x 13-inch sheet cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until inserted wooden pick comes
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans for layering.
- Ice with your favorite icing.
This cake is so moist that I take care to line the bottoms of the cake
pans with parchment paper or wax paper before pouring in the batter, or it sometimes
sticks to the pans...even nonstick ones!
Posted by Shellbob at Recipe Goldmine 6:57:41pm 11/3/03.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes