Best and Moistest Chocolate Cake
This is the only recipe I ever use, and it is so moist and chocolatey that I
sometimes prefer to eat it the second day!
This cake is so moist that I take care to line the bottoms of the cake
pans with parchment paper or wax paper before pouring in the batter, or it sometimes
sticks to the pans...even nonstick ones!
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- Melt chocolate and 1/2 cup water together (can be done in microwave if you
are careful not to burn it) and set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to butter mixture and beat well.
- Blend in cooled chocolate.
- Mix together flour and baking soda, and add alternately with 1 cup water
on low speed.
- Pour batter into two 9-inch greased layer pans or two 8-inch
square aluminum foil pans, or one 9 x 13-inch sheet cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until inserted wooden pick comes
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans for layering.
- Ice with your favorite icing.
Posted by Shellbob at Recipe Goldmine 6:57:41pm 11/3/03.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.